2. "Do twins run in the family?"
I feel terrible for getting annoyed by this question, as truth be told before 'that' day (yes, the day I was told, the good news is you're pregnant, the other good news is there are two of them) I didn't have a clue about whether twins were hereditary or not. I too would have assumed they were, and probably ask the same question. So here goes, lesson number one;
- Identical twins are not hereditary. There you go. We said it. It is considered to be a random or spontaneous event.
- None identical twins when they are fraternal twins are linked to genetics and can be an inherited joy.
- Identical twins will always be the same sex (yes, I had to think this one through on 'that' day).
- None identical twins can be different sex, or the same sex - just because twins are the same sex doesn't mean they are identical.